- 12 large sea scallops, 1 ¼ to 1 ½ pounds, thawed if frozen, side muscle removed
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Reese & Riley’s Ultra-Premium Certified Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Reese & Riley’s Ginger & Black Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Pat the scallops dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Season the scallops generously with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Heat the Ultra-Premium olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat, until very hot and sizzling.
- Add the scallops to the pan and fry for two minutes on one side (until a golden crust forms).
- Flip and fry again for another minute or two, until a golden crust forms on the other side, and they’re just cooked through and barely opaque. Remove from skillet and transfer to a warm serving plate.
- In the same pan, over medium high heat, add butter along with Ginger & Black Garlic Infused Olive Oil, scraping up any browned bits left over from the scallops. Pour in wine and bring to a simmer for two minutes or until wine reduces by about half. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediately pour the hot pan juice over the plated scallops.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Serve over rice, risotto, polenta, pasta, with garlic bread or steamed vegetables