- 1/4 cup Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil
- 2″ Sprig fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon medium course sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 medium fresh lemons quartered
- 2 pounds fresh halibut fillets about 8 oz. portions
Put the rosemary sea salt, and pepper into a small zip bag. Close the bag and crush it a few times between your palms. This will season the salt with rosemary.
In a large zip bag or container with a lid, place the fish fillets. Sprinkle with the rosemary sea salt and gently massage to coat evenly. Add the smoked olive oil and massage again to coat evenly.
Allow the fillets to marinate for about 30 minutes or up to 1 hour. Grill the fish, skin side down, over medium, indirect flame, flipping after about 4 minutes. Pull the fish off the heat source just before it is done, allowing it to rest, loosely covered in foil for two minutes before serving. This will allow your fish to cook through from the residual heat as opposed to becoming overdone on the exterior.
Serve with lemon wedges.